Pushing the Frontiers of Grid Reliability and Energy Management
Demand response is considered to be one of the smart grid's emerging killer applications for utilities, grid operators, and power generators. Indeed, the role of DR in keeping the U.S. electric grid on its feet during last summer's triple-digit heat wave reinforced the technology's critical role in ensuring grid reliability and stability. Advances in automatic demand response (ADR) coupled with recent regulatory developments, capabilities of the emerging smart grid, and the drive by enterprise customers to cut energy costs in the current economy are leading to significant new growth opportunities for demand response.
The one day, 100% online Demand Response Virtual Summit 2012 brings together key technology leaders, grid operators, utilities, system integrators, and regulators in examining the opportunities and challenges associated with achieving DR's full potential. Issues to be addressed include:
Topics to be addressed include:
- How can demand response be utilized to its full capability?
- How can demand response be used for more than just peak shaving?
- How can we arrive at a common terminology for DR, across regions?
- What are the best strategies and technologies for enabling demand response in the small and medium commercial buildings market?
- What are the key growth areas and services for demand response going forward?
- What are the key drivers for demand response, and the most important hurdles to overcome?
-- Ancillary services beyond peak event load shedding
-- The role of smart meters and smart grid in enabling demand response
-- Balancing grid frequency and intermittent energy resources in real time
-- Selling power into the frequency regulation market
-- Forthcoming regulatory changes to encourage demand response
-- Enabling new technologies for demand response
-- Current trends and applications of modular demand response
-- Demand response based on pricing (vs. peak events)
-- Customized demand response programs
-- Establishing common terminology for demand response services and ancillary markets
-- Automated DR platforms for LEED buildings
-- Global markets for demand response: future trends and projected market growth
Who Should Attend?
A Highly Interactive, Global Networking Experience
- Energy management service providers
- Systems, software and IT vendors
- Smart grid technology and software developers
- System integrators and consultants
- Utilities and power generators
- Commercial and industrial end users
- Regulators and public policy makers
- Grid operators
- Investors and financial community
The 100% online format of the Demand Response Virtual Summit enables industry professionals from around the world to attend sessions easily and conveniently. Powered by the Cisco WebEx platform, the format of the Virtual Summit ensures interaction among attendees and presenters, for a unique, cost-effective, and in-depth networking experience. To learn more, click here.